In this post, we will discuss My Site Cleanup Job in SharePoint 2013.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
Here are some point about My Site Cleanup Job:
– The My Site Cleanup Job is responsible for deleting user profiles and My Sites of those users.
– The My Site Cleanup Timer Job runs by default once per hour.
– On the Monitoring page, in the Timer Jobs section. You can click Review job definitions to see a list of all timer jobs.
How My Site cleanup Job deletes the unused my sites?
– Remove user profiles that are queued for deletion. If those users have a My Site, assign the user’s manager as the SPSite.SecondaryContact. Email the manager letting them know that the user’s My Site will be deleted in 14 days.
– 11 days after the first notification, email the manager again letting them know that the My Site will be deleted in 3 days. After a total of 14 days, delete the MySite.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- SharePoint web site keeps on prompting for authentication error
- Security changes in SharePoint 2013
- Content databases are growing too large in SharePoint 2013
- Create subsite in SharePoint 2016 programmatically using server object model visual studio 2017
- SharePoint 2016 CSOM Check if Column Exists or Not in SharePoint List
Hope this helps.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)