In this post, we will discuss My Site Cleanup Job in SharePoint 2013.
Here are some point about My Site Cleanup Job:
– The My Site Cleanup Job is responsible for deleting user profiles and My Sites of those users.
– The My Site Cleanup Timer Job runs by default once per hour.
– On the Monitoring page, in the Timer Jobs section. You can click Review job definitions to see a list of all timer jobs.
How My Site cleanup Job deletes the unused my sites?
– Remove user profiles that are queued for deletion. If those users have a My Site, assign the user’s manager as the SPSite.SecondaryContact. Email the manager letting them know that the user’s My Site will be deleted in 14 days.
– 11 days after the first notification, email the manager again letting them know that the My Site will be deleted in 3 days. After a total of 14 days, delete the MySite.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- SharePoint web site keeps on prompting for authentication error
- Security changes in SharePoint 2013
- Content databases are growing too large in SharePoint 2013
- Create subsite in SharePoint 2016 programmatically using server object model visual studio 2017
- SharePoint 2016 CSOM Check if Column Exists or Not in SharePoint List
Hope this helps.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: