This SharePoint 2010 tutorial, we will discuss, how to move a document from one SharePoint site to another SharePoint site location in SharePoint 2010.
Move document from one site to another in SharePoint 2010
First, see the empty document library to another SharePoint site location. See in fig(Destination)
Now we want to move a document from this document library. See in fig (Source)
First select the document, which documents you want to move to another location and right-click this document and select Send To -> Other location. See in fig
The copy dialog box appears. Type the destination or paste the URL, and then click the (Click here to test) link to make sure we are sending the document to the right place. See in fig
Click OK, we will be prompted to double-check our information, if it looks correct, click OK again.
When the copying is complete, click Done. See in fig
Now Refresh the destination document library, we will get that document. See in fig
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint copy files between document libraries using PowerShell with versioning
- Get all lists and document libraries programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- Copy list items from one site collection to another programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- Copy list items from one list to another in SharePoint programmatically using CSOM
- Upload documents to SharePoint document library using PowerShell Remotely
- Upload documents from network drive to SharePoint 2013/2016 Server document library using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2016 crud operations using Rest API and jQuery on list or document library
- You can only publish unpublish documents in a minor version enabled list error in SharePoint Online CSOM
- Read CSV file from SharePoint document library programmatically using CSOM
This tutorial we learned, how to move a document from one SharePoint site to another SharePoint site in SharePoint 2010.
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.