When we do migration SharePoint 2010 /2013 sites to Office 365 very often we think of how to migrate Search Dictionaries. Yes we can migrate and it’s quite easy process and we have many possible approach to do the migration.
Please below approach which can be sued to migrate Search Dictionaries terms from SharePoint 2010/2013 to SharePoint Online
1. Export the Search Dictionaries Terms from Term Store management Tool from SharePoint 2010/2013 Central administrator.
2. Import the terms in Office 365 Term Store using CSOM and PowerShell script. You can refer the post for to import the terms using CSOM.
3. Make sure all the terms are added to Query Spelling Inclusions.
– Sign in to the Office 365 Admin Center as a search administrator.
– Choose Admin >SharePoint. You’re now in the SharePoint admin center.
– Choose search.
– Choose Manage Search Dictionaries.
– We need to add all the terms to Query Spelling Inclusions.
– It takes up to 10 minutes for any changes to the Query Spelling Exclusions or the Query Spelling Inclusions list to take effect.
Hope this will be helpful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: