In this SharePoint designer 2010
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
SharePoint designer 2010 is a free tool provided by Microsoft. SharePoint designer 2010 provides no code solution. It provides a very user-friendly interface similar to Microsoft office 2010. You can customize using SharePoint sites using SharePoint designer 2010.
SharePoint Designer (SPD) is a powerful tool for editing sites in SharePoint. SharePoint designer 2010 comes with lots of new features and looks very different from SharePoint designer 2007. SharePoint designer 2010 is a no code tool, that means you can not write any code using this tool.
It requires very less amount of training for the user to start working with SharePoint designer 2010, without depending on the IT department. It is easy to develop something using SharePoint designer that to develop a custom solution.
Administrators can restrict users from using SharePoint designer. And also one thing to remember is SharePoint Designer 2010 works only with SharePoint 2010. You can not open a MOSS 2007 site in SharePoint 2010.
You can download SharePoint designer 2010 from MSDN. SharePoint designer 2010 comes with the 32-bit version and 64-bit version. SharePoint designer comes with 32 bit as well as 64 bit. Based on the Office installation on your system, you can download 32-bit or 64-bit SharePoint designer 2010.
You can install SharePoint designer in any operating system, you do not need to in the SharePoint server.
By using Microsoft SharePoint designer 2010, you can do below customization in SharePoint 2010 sites.
- Can design components like lists, data sources, content types, views, forms, workflows, and external content types, without writing any code.
- Personalize pages, page layouts, Web Parts, Web Part Pages, layouts, and themes.
- You can create, customize a master page and CSS classes.
- Create and manage lists and document libraries.
- Can design SharePoint 2010 simple workflows, also you can work on import workflows designed for Microsoft Visio 2010.
- Manage content-types and site columns, to model typed lists of contents.
- You can create pages in SharePoint 2010.
- You can also Manage users and groups. You can prevent users from customizing pages, master pages, or page layouts to keep a consistent look and feel across your site.
- Manage files and assets of the target site.
- Also, you can communicate with external data sources like business data connectivity services.
- You can import or export Visio process diagrams.
- You can open site, create a site by SharePoint designer 2010.
- You can do tasks
like:creating sites, managing users, lists, and libraries, and even, content types and site columns, branding, creating workflows, and connecting to external data sources.
You may like following SharePoint designer 2010 tutorial:
- Change URL of List or document Library using SharePoint Designer 2010
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2010 or 2013 Cache?
- How to create an HTML email message in the SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow?
- By default, the Build Dynamic String action is not available in SharePoint Designer 2010
- Change due date for Task list in SharePoint designer 2010 workflow
- The server could not complete your request SharePoint designer 2010
- SharePoint 2010: Create a new custom master page using SharePoint designer 2010
Hope this SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains SharePoint designer 2010, also what are possible by using SharePoint designer 2010. Download links for SharePoint designer 2010 32-bit and 64-bit.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)