In this tutorial, we will discuss how to send or trigger an email based on user input in Microsoft flow or Power Automate.
Microsoft Flow: Trigger email based on user input
I have posted this article as requested by one of the users in my other article which I shared the link over here.
Requirement: I have a SharePoint list with the following columns:
- Department (Choice): IT, HR, Sales, Finance
- Project Completed (Date)
- Program Completed (Date)
He want to get an email notification if the following requirements are met.
If Department equals HR
Or if Department equals Finance
And if Project Completed is not equal to null
Or Program Completed is not equal to null
Let us try to do step by step how to get the issue.
Step 1: Log in to your SharePoint Online Site -> Create a List as below. This list contains four custom columns that are mentioned above.
Step 2: Next go to Power Automate -> Create a New flow for this List.
Step 3: Next you have to choose the flow which will fulfill this requirement. So here I have selected Send a Customized Email when a new SharePoint List item is added.
Note: You can create an empty flow and add your condition or you can use this one and remove not required action fields from flow.
Step 4: Once my flow gets created, you have to add a condition and you can provide the field name like below.
Step 5: Next add an email in If yes statement. If any of the above conditions get satisfied, it will trigger an email otherwise no email will trigger.
Step 7: Inside If Yes, add an action called Send an Email notification. Next, configure your email subject and body based on your requirement.
Step 8: Next save your flow and run it to test. When I added one item into a list, My condition gets satisfied so I receive an email in my outlook.
You may like following flow tutorials:
- Save Twitter Tweets in SharePoint Online list using Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft flow parsing select and expand failed get manager v2
- Add my latest Twitter post to Yammer using Power Automate or Microsoft Flow
- Send a Happy Birthday email to employees using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
- Send text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Share organization new employee details in Twitter using Microsoft flow
- Send an Email when Item added in a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Failed to create connection for connection id while setting up push notification in Microsoft Flow in Office 365
- Power Automate Get Data from Excel on SharePoint
- Power Automate Date Functions
In this tutorial, we learned how to Trigger email based on user input in Microsoft flow or Power Automate.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).