In this Microsoft Flow tutorial, I will demonstrate how to create a leave request approval workflow using Microsoft flow in SharePoint Online.
In every organization, there is a need to follow a process to track leave history for employees. So here I am using Microsoft Flow to send approval to the manager for taking a leave.
In my previous post, we discussed how to create a leave request approval workflow using Microsoft SharePoint designer 2013 workflow in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Create a Leave request approval workflow using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
Here we will first create a leave request list where users will submit the leave request in SharePoint Online.
Here first, the Employee creates a leave request in the SharePoint list. The leave request goes to her/his manager for approval. If the Manager Approves the request, an email is triggered to all stakeholders required. And then Workflow closes.
Step 1: In this step, I have created a list called “Leave request” in the SharePoint Online site.
Step 2: Next click on Flow in top of the list and create a flow like below:
Step 3: Next, you will get a popup where you have to choose which type of workflow you want. Here we can choose Start approval when new item added.
Step 4: Make sure you successfully configure outlook and full permission to the site because SharePoint will verify it before creating a new flow. Next click on Continue.
Step 5: Next enter your site name where you have already created your list. Once you do connect your site, It will show you all list name inside that site.
Step 6: Next approval will start so we need to configure the assign name and Title of the task.
Step 7: Next set the condition if approved else rejected the task based on user input value.
Step 8: Next add action if task got approved.
Step 9: If task got rejected then flow would be like as below image.
Step 10: The full image of the Microsoft flow would be as below screenshot.
Step 11: Next click on Save to go ahead and test the flow once done. Manager will receive an email if someone will apply for a leave.
When manager will click on this link, It will redirect the approval page. Please look into the below screenshot.
Step 12: If your manager approved then the requester will receive an email confirmation.
The same behavior for managers will be rejecting the workflow.
You may like the following Microsoft flow examples:
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
- Send an Email when Item added in a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Failed to create a connection for connection id while setting up push notification in Microsoft Flow in Office 365
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Microsoft Flow Examples: Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include a specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Share organization new employee details in Twitter using Microsoft flow
- Send a text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Business Process Automation through SharePoint
- Power Automate send email to SharePoint group
We can also track the history of the Microsoft flow in the admin page of the flow. This is all about leave approval workflow using Microsoft flow in SharePoint Online.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).