This SharePoint tutorial, we will see how to fix error “Method ‘Post’ of object IOWSPostData failed’ which comes when you try to import an excel spreadsheet to SharePoint 2010 list.
Method ‘Post’ of object IOWSPostData failed
Follow the below steps to resolve the issue Method ‘Post’ of object IOWSPostData failed which comes in SharePoint.
- First go to c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\103\ location.
- Then find EXPTOOWS.XLA and double click on it.
- Then open VB code editor by clicking on Alt+F11.
- Then find “IVer = Application.SharePointVersion(URL)”
- Add the line “IVer =2”
- Then Save and Close the window.
- Then Restart and check, now the error should not come
I hope this tutorial helps to fix an error Method ‘Post’ of object IOWSPostData failed error in SharePoint 2010.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to upload document to SharePoint document library using CSOM
- Delete items or files based on conditions using PowerShell in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013 TypeError Cannot read property replace of undefined
- Enable document information in SharePoint 2013
- How to use SharePoint Alert Me feature in list or library
- Different ways to make column or Field Readonly in SharePoint list
- Show total count of items in SharePoint 2013 list
- Bulk update SharePoint list items programmatically jsom
- Hide Save button in New and Edit form in SharePoint 2013 list
- Open documents in client applications by default SharePoint Online 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016: Download documents from document library programmatically
- Filter SharePoint list item without code and Open hyperlinks in new window
- Customize List View in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.