First we need to make sure the “WebClient” service is running on your server. If this service is disabled or missing on your server, you will have an error saying “The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another”
To check if “WebClient” service is in your services list, just open services and see. If it is missing, please follow the steps to make it available:
1. Open the Windows Server Manager.
2. In the view, highlight the Features node.
3. Click on Add Features in right side.
4. In the Add Features Wizard, check the Desktop Experience box, and then click next. See in fig
5. Click Install.
6. When the Add Features Wizard has finished, click Close.
7. Click ‘Yes’ when promoted to restart the computer.
Now following the step for Map SharePoint Document library with physical drive
1. Open “Windows Explorer” from your server.
2. Right click on “Computer” icon, select “Map network drive”.See in fig
3. Click “connect to a web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures”.See in fig
4. In “specify the location of your website”, input the library url where you want to store files (http://yourwebapplication/Shared Documents).See in fig
5. Give the name of your physical directory.
6. Click on finish.
7. After that you will be able to see the folder under your computers
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials