Map a SharePoint Document Library on Physical drive or local system
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this post, we will discuss how we can map a SharePoint Document Library on the Physical drive or local system.
First, we need to make sure the “WebClient” service is running on your server. If this service is disabled or missing on your server, you will have an error saying “The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another”
To check if “WebClient” service is in your services list, just open services and see. If it is missing, please follow the steps to make it available:
1. Open the Windows Server Manager.<
2. In the view, highlight the Features node.
3. Click on Add Features in the right side.
4. In the Add Features Wizard, check the Desktop Experience box, and then click next. See in fig
5. Click Install.
6. When the Add Features Wizard has finished, click Close.
7. Click ‘Yes’ when prompted to restart the computer.
Now following the step for Map SharePoint Document library with a physical drive
1. Open “Windows Explorer” from your server.
2. Right click on “Computer” icon, select “Map network drive”.See in fig
3. Click “connect to a website that you can use to store your documents and pictures”.See in fig
4. In “specify the location of your website”, input the library URL where you want to store files (http://yourwebapplication/Shared Documents). See in fig
5. Give the name of your physical directory.
6. Click on the finish.
7. After that, you will be able to see the folder under your computers
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator
- Retrieve Selected Fields using getitembyidselectedfields in SharePoint
- Bind list items or document library data to gridview using SharePoint server object model
- How to Hide List or Document Library in SharePoint
- Add item to SharePoint list using PowerShell
- Disable multiline textbox and single line textbox in SharePoint using jQuery
- Remove or Change Add New Item link text in SharePoint 2010 list
- Working with Custom List in Datasheet view template in SharePoint 2010
- One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.
- Remove Add document link from the document library in SharePoint
- Set default value to Multi-Lookup Form in SharePoint using jQuery
- Change URL of List or document Library using SharePoint Designer 2010
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.