In this post, we will discuss how we can map a SharePoint Document Library on the Physical drive or local system. Also, you can check out:
First, we need to make sure the “WebClient” service is running on your server. If this service is disabled or missing on your server, you will have an error saying “The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another”
To check if “WebClient” service is in your services list, just open services and see. If it is missing, please follow the steps to make it available:
1. Open the Windows Server Manager.<
2. In the view, highlight the Features node.
3. Click on Add Features in the right side.
4. In the Add Features Wizard, check the Desktop Experience box, and then click next. See in fig
5. Click Install.
6. When the Add Features Wizard has finished, click Close.
7. Click ‘Yes’ when prompted to restart the computer.
Now following the step for Map SharePoint Document library with a physical drive
1. Open “Windows Explorer” from your server.
2. Right click on “Computer” icon, select “Map network drive”.See in fig
3. Click “connect to a website that you can use to store your documents and pictures”.See in fig
4. In “specify the location of your website”, input the library URL where you want to store files (http://yourwebapplication/Shared Documents). See in fig
5. Give the name of your physical directory.
6. Click on finish.
7. After that, you will be able to see the folder under your computers
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online