Today I will be posting about some issue related to Managed metadata and fixes of the issue. I created a fresh site collection in office 365 and clicked on term-store management from site settings page to create term store sets. The strange part is the site-collection group was not available.
I am the Office 365 Tanet user and still didn’t found the term store group name, while I can see the site collection group in other sites.
I tried to activate Publishing features and then verified, but ended with the same issue.
So finally some solution worked for me. Please follow the below steps.
1. Go to Site Settings.
2. Click on site columns option to create a new site column.
3. Select the column type as metadata type but in term settings, you will not find anything.
That’s all, now navigate to Term store management and you will be able to find the site collection group name.
Also, read some SharePoint PowerShell tutorials:
- Get Size of subsites PowerShell Script SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010
- Get user profile properties SharePoint 2013 PowerShell
- Create Site Collection PowerShell Script SharePoint 2013 or 2010
- Retrieve web server relative URL and list server-relative URL using PowerShell SharePoint Online
- Retrieve all list names and list guids from SharePoint online site using PowerShell
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)