In SharePoint culture, it is always hardened to manage so many subsites set up with in the same site collection. So, for managing SharePoint site model, it is important to provide an optimized environment by doing an abstraction to the end-user and by restricting only site template as per the site collection type i.e. Team site, Developer site So, that space can be managed and viewed by it is the best way and can be used for future.
We can achieve this by setting up a list of site templates types to enable at the site collection level and to push all within the remaining subsites.
Below are the steps to achieve this-
Open SharePoint Site Settings -> Look and Feel
Note: – If you are unable to view the above options under Look and Feel to your site then you need to activate below features at the site (SharePoint Server Publishing feature) and site collection level (SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure).
Choose Page layouts and site templates
Site template and Page layouts- Choose all the template’s and page layouts you want to show to the user at subsite level and make sure you uncheck below-highlighted box just to ensure you are not resetting all the changes shown as below.
Once done click on the Save button.
Create a subsite – once set you can see and create a subsite to ensure that you are getting only selected templates that you have chosen.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Save list as template missing in SharePoint Online modern team site
- Add multiple Office templates as content type to a document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- The URL template.xsn is an unsupported relative URL error in SharePoint online modern form library
- The list is too large to save as a template. The size of a template cannot exceed 52428800 bytes SharePoint Online/2016/2013 save as a template error
- Get SharePoint Online Site and List Templates using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating subsites
- How to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Working with JSLink Templates Fields
- Retrieve all site templates using PowerShell and server object model in SharePoint 2016/2013
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to manage the Sub Site Model or Template at Site Collection Level in SharePoint 2016/2013.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.