This SharePoint tutorial explains, managed metadata service in SharePoint 2013. Let’s see how to configure managed metadata service application in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Managed metadata service in SharePoint 2013/2016
Follow below steps to create and configure managed metadata service application in sharepoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016.
Open SharePoint central administration. Click on Manage service application which is under Application Management. On the page click new -> Managed metadata service.
This will open a Create New Managed Metadata Service, Enter the name of the service application. Enter Database name Am using WSS_Metadata_Service_App.
Created a new application pool “Metadata_Apppool”. Configurable account will be “CRAZYSHAREPOINT\Spfarm”.
Click Ok to complete. Now see Managed metadata service application has been configured successfully.
Click on managed metadata service application. Add users under term store administrators grant a permission to create a term and term sets. Addded CRAZYSHAREPOINT\Spadmin.
Then Click on new group.
Created new group named books.
Click under created group to create a new term set.
Enter SPAdmin as a group manager permissions. Now am going to create a new term set under books.
Create a new group named “Books”
Create a term set named “Sharepoint”
Then Create a terms
- Sharepoint Developer
- Sharepoint Administrator
It looks like below:
Now open a team site
Create a document library. Then Create a new column named Category -> Column type: Managed Metadata. Then in the column Select your term set.
Now in your document library, Now upload a new document and in the properties dialog box you can see like below:
Now created terms have been added to the documents.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Configure the Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 User Profile Service Application (UPSA) configuration step by step tutorial
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013
- Create and Configure Machine Translation Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint error Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231
- SharePoint 2013 Configuring User Profile Services to import Emails
- Create External Content Type Based on Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- Create a new managed property SharePoint 2013 online
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains managed metadata service application in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.