This SharePoint customization tutorial explains, how to make people picker control read only in SharePoint 2010 list form (Edit Form/New Form/ Display form) using jQuery. The below jQuery code is tested in SharePoint 2010 list forms.
Make People Picker read only in SharePoint list form using jQuery
Below is the list form (Edit form) which has a people picker control and it looks like below:
Below is the jQuery code to make people picker read-only in SharePoint 2010 list form. Just edit the SharePoint list form and add a script editor web part or content editor web part in the page. Then add the below code inside the script editor web part.
Once you save the code and refresh the page, you can see the SharePoint people picker control is disabled in the list form.
You may like following SharePoint people picker tutorials:
- Get Manager Name based on employee Name using Client People Picker in SharePoint Online
- What is people picker and how we will use HTML Div as a People picker control in SharePoint Online?
- Update People Picker Group field using Rest API and jQuery in SharePoint 2013
- Different operations on SharePoint 2013 people picker
- How to use client-side People Picker control in SharePoint online Office 365?
- Custom Azure Add-in People picker control
- InfoPath 2013 People Picker browse button does not work on InfoPath form Nothing happens after a click
- Auto-populate current user name in people picker in SharePoint Online Office 365 Nintex forms
- Alternative way to promote people picker in Infopath form library in SharePoint 2013
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- How to get value from people picker control in InfoPath in SharePoint?
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to make people picker control read only in SharePoint list forms using jQuery.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.