Create and Configure Machine Translation Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, machine translation service in SharePoint. Also, it explains how to create and configure machine translation service in SharePoint 2013/2016.
To Use the Machine Translation service to create the multi-language feature of SharePoint 2013/2016 we need to first make the ‘Machine Translation Service‘ up and running in your farm. So this article will outline creating and configuring the machine translation service for SharePoint.
The same way we can create and configure machine translation service in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Create Machine Translation Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
Open SharePoint Central Administration, go to Application Management section and choose Manage service applications.
On the ribbon, choose New, and then choose Machine Translation Service.
On the next page type a name for the service application and fill in the details as shown in the screens below:
Select the checkbox near ‘Add this service application’s proxy to the farm’s default proxy list.’ and verify the database name, and click ok.
Configure Translation Machine Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
Click on the ‘Machine Translation Service’ we just created, under the ‘Manage Service Applications’ in Central Administration.
In the Machine Translation Service Screen, there is a section called ‘Enabled File Extensions’. It depicts the file extension for which the translation is enabled. Uncheck the checkbox for the file extension for which you want to disable translation.
In the Item Size Limits section,
- Maximum file size for binary files in KB. Microsoft Word documents are binary files: 51200
- Maximum file size for text files in KB. Plain-text, HTML, and XLIFF documents are text files: 5120
- Maximum character count for Microsoft Word documents: 500000
In the Online Translation Connection,
Under Web proxy server, select the check box for ‘Use default internet settings’ to use the default proxy settings to connect Internet or specify the port in the ‘Use the proxy specified’
In Rest of the section fill the following details,
- Translation processes: 1
- The frequency with which to start translations (minutes): 15
- Number of translations to start (per translation process): 200
- Maximum translation attempts: 2
- Maximum number of synchronous translation requests (per server): 10
- Maximum number of items which can be queued within a 24-hour period: No Limit
- Maximum number of items which can be queued within a 24-hour period per site subscription: No Limit
- Expiration time for completed job history (days): 7 Days
- Recycle threshold: 100
- Disable Office 97-2003 Document scanning? No
- And click on ‘Ok’
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Configure the Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 User Profile Service Application (UPSA) configuration step by step tutorial
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013
- Managed metadata service in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint error Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231
- SharePoint 2013 Configuring User Profile Services to import Emails
- Create External Content Type Based on Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- Create a new managed property SharePoint 2013 online
Hope this SharePoint administration tutorial helps to Create and Configure Machine Translation Service in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.