IBM Notes, formerly known as Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are the most widely used desktop based email clients, but comparison among duo cannot be made to conclude which one is better. However sometimes switching over from one platform to another is required such as IBM Notes to Outlook migration. Therefore, it is necessary to export Lotus Notes Archive to Outlook 2007 while switching from NSF environment to MS Outlook.
Also check out:
– New actions in SharePoint designer 2013 workflow: Call Web Service Action and Start workflow action
– Hide search box in home page in SharePoint 2013
Factors responsible for Migration from IBM Notes to MS Outlook:
Although IBM Notes is known for its advance security features, but the organizations prefer MS Outlook over IBM Notes. The reasons responsible behind this switch could be:
1) Outlook takes the lead in offering simple user interface that is easily understood for even beginners whereas IBM Notes’ complex GUI requires expertise to operate the application.
2) Cost effectiveness offered by MS Outlook compels user to adopt the application rather than IBM Notes which is known to be comparatively higher when it comes to maintenance.
3) MS Outlook offers hot keys or shortcuts that make it easier to understand the application whereas there is pre defined procedure for executing each task in IBM Notes that make is comparatively complex application.
At professional end, organizations rely upon desktop based email clients such as MS Outlook for effective communication and better data security.
Benefits Associated to Emails Archiving:
In the fast paced world, when everything has become computerized and digitized as well, emails have become the most dependable source of transferring communication. Emails are considered as the faster and reliable method for sharing information. Since organizations sends and receives a decent number of emails along with other data in day to day activities, it becomes important to archive older emails that are no longer required in order to save and secure precious data. Archiving emails and other mailbox component holds several benefits; some of them are mentioned here:
1) Archiving data stores old data that has to be maintained for records purpose.
2) Archived emails are saved in compressed form so it helps in saving disk space.
3) Archiving emails helps in deleting them from inbox hence making inbox lighter.
4) Archiving offers storing data in ‘read-only’ format with accurate label and index.
If an organization switches over from NSF to PST, the need arises for exporting Lotus Notes archive to Outlook 2007 along with all other components such as calendars, contacts, notes, etc. for complete conversion. For successful conversion to Outlook PST, the organizations need to spend on effective third party software that helps in making conversion task easier.
Solution for Resolving Migration Issues:
Export Notes tool fulfills all migration needs as it transfers data from NSF to PST faster, easier and in reliable manner. It offers complete conversion benefits without making any compromises with data. The tool serves various advantages such as:
– Complete migration from NSF mailbox data to Outlook PST files.
– Exports Lotus Notes archive to Outlook 2007 in ANSI and UNICODE PST.
– Migrates encrypted NSF emails to MS Outlook PST mailbox.
– Offers powerful ‘Emails’, ‘Calendars’ and ‘Advance settings’ filters.
– Choose among Corporate, Technician and Enterprise licenses.
– Preserves original folder structure and maintains data integrity.