This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix the lookup column issue in SharePoint 2013. Recently we were migrating from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013 using a database upgrade migration approach. So we first move from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010 and then from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
We verified the list and found out that the list is actually created by using an existing list template. And when we verified the list template (manifest.xml) file we saw that the Lookup list id has a different id in the SharePoint 2013 site. So it was not pulling the list items.
We modified the updated manifest.xml file in the list template with the updated list id and then uploaded this newly modified template and it works fine.
To modify the list template file, first, download the list template file which will be an extension of .stp. Then rename the file to .cab.
Then use a tool like 7-zip to unzip it and once the file is unzipped you will see manifest.xml file. Open the file in the notepad and then save the file.
Then use makecab.exe to convert the file to cab file like below:
makecab.exe F:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyTestListTemplate\manifest.xml F:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyTestListTemplate.cab
The above command will make the .cab file. Then rename the file to .stp from .cab.
Finally, upload the .stp file to the list template gallery.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft step by step
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration Blog
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- SharePoint 2013 approval workflow template missing after migration
- Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration Custom New Folder in Ribbon Disabled
- Office 365 SharePoint Easy Migration
- Approaches for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 challenges tips to know
Hope this will be helpful to solve the issue, Lookup are not appearing in SharePoint 2013 after migrating from MOSS 2007
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.