This SharePoint tutorial we will discuss how to solve localhost is an invalid or loopback address in SharePoint. While installing SharePoint, I got an error which says, The specified user “username” is a local account. Local accounts should only be used in standalone mode.
So I tried to create a configuration database by using PowerShell. But still, I got an error which says, localhost is an invalid or loopback address.
localhost is an invalid or loopback address error in SharePoint
During the SharePoint installation, when it asks for Entered the database server name and if you give the server name as localhost, (local) or (.), then the error will come.
The solution to the above error is, try to give the machine name or the machine ip address.
or you can also provide like below:
You can also check this solution, Failed to create the configuration database. Invalid or loopback address error.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Microsoft .net framework 4.6 installation error SharePoint 2016
- This computer is part of a farm error while uninstalling workflow manager 1.0 in SharePoint 2016/2013
- The expected version of the product was not found on the system error while installing SharePoint designer 2013 Service Pack 1
- http error 400. the size of the request headers is too long. sharepoint online
- SharePoint 2013 Windows server AppFabric installation Error
- SharePoint 2016 installation error The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation error The username is invalid. The account must be a valid domain account.
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation error Setup cannot find or validate an installation file
- SharePoint Server 2016 Setup Error A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending
Hope these small tips will help to solve error localhost is an invalid or loopback address error in SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)