This windows tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the error, Installation of one or more roles role services or features failed windows 2016 or windows server 2012 r2.
The error comes while installing net framework 3.5 on windows server 2016. Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed. The source files could not be found.
Try installing the roles, role services, or features again in a new add roles and features wizard session, and on the confirmation page of the wizard, click “specify an alternate source path “to specify a valid location of the source files that are required for the installation.
The location must be accessible by the computer account of the destination server.
Recently I am trying to install .net 3.5 framework by “Server Manager” by using following these steps.
Step-1: Go to Server Manager then click on “Add roles and features Wizard” and then click on Next and then in the features click on .NET Framework 3.5 then click on Install. Here I am finding the error. But it gave an error like below.
Step-2: To verify the error, open Windows PowerShell and run the below command which will display that .Net framework 3.5 is not available.
Step-3: So we have to install that manually. First of all download the setup from the below link.
Extract the zip file and run the setup.exe file.
Step-4: We have to wait till the processing installation is completed. Now we will get message that our .net framework 3.5 installation is completed. Then by clicking on finish we can use the .net framework 3.5 on our system.
By using these steps we can install .net framework 3.5. in window server 2016 and the error will not come.
You may like following Windows tutorials:
- How to install and configure Active directory windows server 2012 r2
- How to enable hibernate in windows server 2016?
- How to enable audio service in Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2012 r2?
- The following feature couldn’t be installed .net framework 3.5
- Windows server appfabric download error sharepoint 2013
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
- This edition cannot be upgraded error in Windows server 2016 datacenter
- SharePoint Designer Workflow 2013 Error: Windows Workflow Foundation, part of .Net Framework 3.0, must be installed to use this feature
I hope this tutorial helps to learn how to fix error installation of one or more roles role services or features failed windows 2016 or installation of one or more roles role services or features failed windows 2012.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Thank you verry much!
I fixed it on my server.