This SharePoint 2016 tutorial, we will discuss how to install SharePoint 2016 using PowerShell.
We have discussed previously how we to install SharePoint 2016 using setup files. Need to mount Microsoft share point 2016 DVD to a machine.
Create the Service Accounts needed. We have added the following Service Accounts with permissions to the SQL and SharePoint servers.
Member of the Local Administrators group on SharePoint Server and SQL Server.
(Go to Local Users and Groups -> Administrators group Properties -> Add)
Access to the server that runs SQL Server.
Member of the following SQL Server roles:
- securityadmin fixed server role
- dbcreator fixed server role
- Public fixed server role
Prerequisite tools for Offline Installation:
You need to configure Roles and Features on Windows Server 2012 R2.
We need to double click on .Bat file and it will start running.
Install SharePoint 2016 using PowerShell
Below is the PowerShell script to install the SharePoint Server 2016.
@ECHO OFF Echo SharePoint 2016 – Pre-requisites installation… Echo: Start "SP2016 Prerequisite Installer" /wait /d "" "PrerequisiteInstaller.exe" "/unattended" Echo -The installer finished with exit Code: %errorlevel% if %errorlevel% == 0 goto Success if %errorlevel% == 1 goto ErrIns if %errorlevel% == 2 goto ErrCom if %errorlevel% == 1001 goto ErrPen if %errorlevel% == 3010 goto ErrRes Echo -There was an error during installation. Echo -Please check the log file: %TEMP%\prerequisiteinstaller.<date>.<time>.log Goto End :Success Echo -Finished. Goto End :ErrIns Echo -Another instance of this application is already running. Goto End :ErrIns Echo -Invalid command line parameter. Goto End :ErrCom Echo -A pending restart blocks the installation. You need to run the prerequisites installer again. Goto Restart :ErrRes Echo -A restart is needed. You need to run the prerequisites installer again. Goto Restart :Restart Echo -The server is restarted in a few seconds if you press a key. Otherwise, close the window. Echo: pause shutdown /g Exit :End Echo: pause Write-Host "SharePoint 2016 – Pre-requisites installation…" Start-Process "SharePoint\PrerequisiteInstaller.exe" -ArgumentList "/unattended" -WindowStyle Minimized -wait
You may like following SharePoint 2016 tutorials:
- 3 Different ways to Change Site Collection URL in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- PowerShell out gridview in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Install and configure SQL server reporting services (SSRS) in SharePoint 2013/2016
- How to configure incoming and outgoing emails in SharePoint server 2013/2016
- Windows Server 2016 Installation Step by Step with Screenshots
- New features in Windows Server 2016
- Difference between Windows CTP, Beta, RC, RTM, RTW, SPs, and Preview
- PowerShell Script to deploy WSP Solution in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create Artifacts in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2016 new features
- SharePoint 2016 new and improved features
- SharePoint 2016 New-SPConfigurationDatabase Server role parameter is required when creating or joining a farm
- SharePoint Server 2016 features deprecated or removed
This tutorial, we learned how to install SharePoint 2016 using PowerShell.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.