hMailServer is a free e-mail server for Microsoft Windows. It’s used by Internet service providers, companies, governments, schools and enthusiasts in all parts of the world.
It supports the common e-mail protocols (IMAP, SMTP and POP3) and can easily be integrated with many existing web mail systems. It has flexible score-based spam protection and can attach to your virus scanner to scan all incoming and outgoing email.
1. Download and install hMailServer (hMailServer-5.3-B1617.exe) take all the defaults. [Download URL]
2. Set the admin password.
3. Set to automatically connect on start-up.
4. Now open your hMailServer and enter the admin password. In the Treeview Right click the Domains nod and Choose the Add.. option. See in fig.
5. On the General tab for the new domain Type into the Domain textbox : SharePointDevelopers.net and click the save button. See in fig
6. In the Treeview right click the Accounts node under the new domain and choose the Add.. option. On the General tab for the new account type into the Address textbox : Navneet and type password and click the save button. See in fig
7. Open your hosts file and if you missing then add 127.0.0.1 SharePointDevelopers.net. See in fig
8. Now open Outlook Mail and Configure it to use the hMailSeerver mailboxes.
9. In the Mail Setup dialog Click the E-mail Accounts button.
10. Choose the Manually configure server settings or additional server types radio button. See in fig
11. Choose the Internet E-mail radio button (default)
12. Click next button. And fill the all detail’s as seen in fig and click Next
13. Configure SharePoint Foundation 2010 Central Administration for outgoing and incoming email
14. In SharePoint Foundation 2010 Central administration choose System Settings from the left navigation
15. In the E-mail and Text Message (SMS) section click the configure outgoing e-mail settings link and fill the detail’s as seen in fig.
16. Now configure email address for user go to my settings from the welcome menu and choose the edit item and set the E-mail account for the user and click the save button. See in fig
17. Now if you follow these steps correctly you will get the mail in your outlook from SharePoint Foundation 2010. See in fig
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials