Here we will discuss about how to use information management service in SharePoint Online to protect list and libraries.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
I have already posted scripts to extract IMS details using PowerShell script for SharePoint On-Premise.
– Navigate to SharePoint Admin center.
– Navigate to Settings page
– Navigate to Information Rights Management (IRM) section select “Use the IRM service specified in your configuration”.
– Select “Refresh IRM Settings”.
– Now site owners can protect their SharePoint lists and document libraries. Let’s configure IRM for list and libraries.
– Navigate to the list or library for which you want to configure IRM settings.
– Click on Library Settings from Ribbon.
– Now you are at Library settings page which will have Permission and Management Section.
– Click on Information Rights Management for further configuration.
– Select Restrict permission to documents in this library on download check box which will further restrict permission to documents that are downloaded.
– Provide appropriate policy name and description in policy title and description respectively.
– You can also provide additional restriction to list and libraries documents.
– Click OK to complete the configuration settings.
Hope this will be helpful.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)