Here we will discuss about how to use information management service in SharePoint Online to protect list and libraries.
I have already posted scripts to extract IMS details using PowerShell script for SharePoint On-Premise.
– Navigate to SharePoint Admin center.
– Navigate to Settings page
– Navigate to Information Rights Management (IRM) section select “Use the IRM service specified in your configuration”.
– Select “Refresh IRM Settings”.
– Now site owners can protect their SharePoint lists and document libraries. Let’s configure IRM for list and libraries.
– Navigate to the list or library for which you want to configure IRM settings.
– Click on Library Settings from Ribbon.
– Now you are at Library settings page which will have Permission and Management Section.
– Click on Information Rights Management for further configuration.
– Select Restrict permission to documents in this library on download check box which will further restrict permission to documents that are downloaded.
– Provide appropriate policy name and description in policy title and description respectively.
– You can also provide additional restriction to list and libraries documents.
– Click OK to complete the configuration settings.
Hope this will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: