InfoPath Add action rule to people picker in SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This InfoPath tutorial, we will discuss how to add action rule to a people picker control in InfoPath in SharePoint 2013.
I am one scenario where I have a people picker control and I wanted to show some user profile information of the user whose account id is entered in the people picker control.
But when I checked to add an action rule to the people picker control, I do not see the action rule associated with the people picker control, the only formatting rule was enabled for the people picker control.
But I wanted to add an action rule where I wanted to retrieve information from user profile service.
Well, there is no direct way to do that, but there are very less thing which is impossible.
Add a textbox control and set the Default Value to AccountId of the People picker field.
And make sure you have checked the “Refresh value when the formula is recalculated” option in InfoPath.
Also, you can hide this control or you can make this textbox to read-only so that no one can modify this.
Now whatever action you want to add, you can add as a rule to the Textbox.
You can give the condition as: Rule runs when the field changes.
And you can set the value as shown in the fig below:
You may like following SharePoint 2013 InfoPath tutorials:
- Convert field value to upper case or lower case in InfoPath in SharePoint 2013
- Check Length in Custom Rule in InfoPath in SharePoint 2013
- The document library already contains a file with the same name error in InfoPath 2013
- Get Manager Details for Logged in User in InfoPath 2013/2010 in SharePoint 2013/Online
- InfoPath Add action rule to people picker in SharePoint 2013
- Disable Save button in list form in InfoPath SharePoint
- An unknown error has occurred. The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in InfoPath Filler
I hope this will be helpful to you to add action rule to people picker in SharePoint 2013.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.