This SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains, how we can import excel data into a SharePoint 2010 list.
Follow the below steps:
1. Open your SharePoint 2010 Site.
2. Go to Site Actions -> More options.
3. Choose List from the left side, then choose “Import Spreadsheet” from the right side and then click on Create as shown in the fig below:
4. Provide name and description and click on Browse to import your Excel file as shown in the figure below:
5. Then click on Import.
6. After you click on Import, it will open your Excel file to specify your cell range.
7. From the drop-down, choose “Range of cell” and in the 2nd dropdown specify the cell range.
8. Now click on import and your Excel file imported to your site.
You may like following InfoPath 2010 tutorials:
- Auto populate InfoPath 2010 people picker control in SharePoint 2010
- Change different view in InfoPath 2010 based on certain condition in SharePoint 2010
- Change default InfoPath 2010 form submission successful message in SharePoint 2010
- Add auto number to repeating table rows in InfoPath 2010/2013 in SharePoint 2010/2013
- Show SharePoint list data in repeating table in InfoPath 2010/2013
- Calculate Age based on Date of Birth in date picker in InfoPath in SharePoint 2010
- Print multiple InfoPath form views in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Hope this SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains how to import excel data to SharePoint 2010 list using Import Spreadsheet option.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.