Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
SuiteBarBranding Delegate Control in SharePoint
SuiteBarBrandingDelegate: This delegate care about top left site logo and text. Facilitates us to override the left-top corner text for the site. This text can only be replaced by Overriding SuiteBarBrandingDelegate Delegate Control with Custom Control Created using Visual Studio. Normally, there’s a text reading “SharePoint”. So we can replace it with the title of our own site:
Create SuiteBarBranding Delegate Control in SharePoint using Visual Studio
SuiteBarBrandingDelegate Control will look as follows in SharePoint Page.
Open visual studio and create One Empty SharePoint Project and Provide the Solution Name and Choose the Solution Path and Click on OK.
Deploy the Solution as Farm Solution. Provide the Url in the next Screen and validate the Connection.
Add New UserControl to the Project from the Templates and Provide the Name to it, In our case, it is “MyCustomSuiteBarBrandingDelegate”.
Now Our Solution Explorer looks as follows.
Now Open the “.ascx” of the User Control and paste the below code.
Code snippet for the ascx.cs file
Add Elements.xml file to the Solution, Provide the name and click on Add.
Click on elements.xml file paste the below code snippet inside the element’s tag
<?xml version="1.0″ encoding="utf-8″?> <Elements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/"> <!– Adding DelegateControl reference to our custom SuiteBarBrandingDelegate Control –> <Control ControlSrc="/_controltemplates/15/SuiteBarBrandingDelegate_Example\MyCustomSuiteBarBrandingDelegate.ascx" Id="SuiteBarBrandingDelegate" Sequence="1″ /> </Elements>
The final step is to build and deploy and then the SharePoint text will be overridden with the Text of the portal.
The final Outcome will look as follows:
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- How to Change Look and Feel of SharePoint Site
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in the quick launch
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePointOnline/2013/2016
- Customize suite bar in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Create Navigation with managed metadata service SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Add Top Navigation Link to a Site Using REST API
- Create a custom master page using Design Manager in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Implement Custom SuiteBarBranding Delegate Control in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- Creating a fixed width master page in SharePoint 2013
- Accordion Style Left Navigation using JQuery and CSS in SharePoint 2010
- Implement Custom Promoted Actions Delegate Control in SharePoint 2013
- New Delegate Control additions to the SharePoint 2013
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explained, what is SuiteBarBranding Delegate Control in SharePoint? And how to implement SuiteBarBranding Delegate Control in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.