In this SharePoint Online tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve Bad Request – Request Too Long. HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long error which comes in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Recently while opening a SharePoint online Office 365 site in Google Chrome, it shows the below error.
Bad Request – Request Too Long
HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long
You can see the error screenshot.
HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long SharePoint Online Office 365
The solution that worked for me is to delete the Google Chrome browser cache. I was getting the issue of Google Chrome.
Open Google chrome settings. Then expand the Settings menu. Then expand Advanced like below:
There click on Privacy and security. In the Privacy and security section click on “Clear browsing data”.
Then you can select Time range “All time” and then click on “CLEAR DATA” like below:
Now open the SharePoint online URL, you will not get the error “HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long”.
You may also like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Remove-SPOSite Access denied You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource
- The file filename is not checked out. You must first check out this document before making changes.
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint online page viewer web part
- Fix event ID 10016 DistributedCOM error
- HTTP 401.1 Access Denied in SharePoint 2013
- The SSRS service application proxy is not configured. Use the SSRS service application pages to configure the proxy
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis services Database. Contact Administrator SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) services
Hope this SharePoint tutorial, helps to solve Bad Request – Request Too Long. HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long which comes in Google chrome while opening the SharePoint Online Office 365 site.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com