In this SharePoint Online tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve Bad Request – Request Too Long. HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long error which comes in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Recently while opening a SharePoint online Office 365 site in Google Chrome, it shows the below error.
Bad Request – Request Too Long
HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long
You can see the error screenshot.
HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long SharePoint Online Office 365
The solution that worked for me is to delete the Google Chrome browser cache. I was getting the issue of Google Chrome.
Open Google chrome settings. Then expand the Settings menu. Then expand Advanced like below:
There click on Privacy and security. In the Privacy and security section click on “Clear browsing data”.
Then you can select Time range “All time” and then click on “CLEAR DATA” like below:
Now open the SharePoint online URL, you will not get the error “HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long”.
You may also like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- Excel cannot connect to the SharePoint list
- SharePoint Find an Item List search box does not return results
- The workbook cannot be opened error in SharePoint 2013
- The security validation for this page is invalid and might be corrupted error in SharePoint 2013 Rest API
- SharePoint 2013 list item level permission using REST API
- You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page
- One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to List settings page to delete these fields error in SharePoint 2013
- CAML Query Builder for SharePoint
Hope this SharePoint tutorial, helps to solve Bad Request – Request Too Long. HTTP Error 400 The size of the request headers is too long which comes in Google chrome while opening the SharePoint Online Office 365 site.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com