HTML Field Security is a new feature in SharePoint 2013. Through this feature, a SharePoint site collection administrators can control what content is allowed to embed within an iframe. Within iframes, admin can show embed dynamic contents from other sites such as videos or maps on any SharePoint site with the help of Content editor web part.
But any external domains such as youtube that you want to insert in an iframe should be added as approved domains in HTML field security.
By default following external domains has been put already in the approved list to use in an iframe.
If you want to add or remove any new external domain, then you can do so by using HTML Field Security page. Follow the below steps:
Open SharePoint 2013 site and go to top-level Site settings, then click on HTML Field security under Site Collection Administration as shown in the fig below:
There it asks for 3 option:
- Do not permit contributors to insert iframes from external domains into pages on this site. If you chose this option, then you will not be able to insert iframes from external domains. When you will try to do show it will show error message like The embed code is invalid because the source of the embed content is not allowed.
- Permit contributors to insert iframes from any external domain into pages on this site. If you chose this option, the user can insert iframes from any external domain.
- Permit contributors to insert iframes from the following list of external domains into pages on this site: If you chose this option, the user will be able to add iframes from the selected approved domains.
Here if you want to approve a new domain, then you can put the name and then click on ADD like below:
You may like following SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Custom Actions Add custom buttons to SharePoint list ribbon using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Customize SharePoint 2013 list form using SharePoint designer 2013
- Dictionary actions example in SharePoint Designer 2013
- How to check site collection size SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell and SharePoint Designer 2013
- Change width of list view column in SharePoint 2013 using SharePoint designer 2013
- Difference between SharePoint online and SharePoint on-premise
- SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/Online Supported Browser
I hope this SharePoint tutorial explains about HTML field security in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.