How to work with content type column in calculated field in SharePoint 2013 after migrating from Moss 2007?
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how we can work with Content-Type column field in a calculated column in SharePoint 2013. Just to let you know that this issue we face in one site which we have migrated from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013. In one the list, they were using a calculated column which was using the content type column in the formula. The values were appearing correctly in moss 2007 site but in SharePoint 2013 the list column value was appearing like:
Now when we check the formula in moss 2007 it appears like below:
=LEFT([Content Type],FIND(“Request”,[Content Type])-1)&”Project”
And the corresponding formula in SharePoint 2013 comes as:
Actually, the Content Type column for the calculated column has been removed from SharePoint 2010 onwards. Column types of text, number, DateTime, choice, workflow status, boolean and calculated are available for Calculated column formula’s. Since content Type is of type “Computed” it is not made available.
So to make this work, we need to modify the logic and maybe need to redesign the list according to your requirement. In our case, we create another field and we put our logic there.
You may like following SharePoint migration tutorials:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration-Your FAQs Answered
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft step by step migration from SharePoint 2016 on premise to SharePoint Online
- [Video Tutorial] Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration Blog
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- Out of box workflows not appearing SharePoint 2013 after migrating from MOSS 2007
- SharePoint 2013 Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Site permissions not working after migrating from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2010 to 2013 migration Custom New Folder in Ribbon Disabled
Hope this will be helpful to know how to work with content type column in a calculated field in SharePoint 2013 after migrating from Moss 2007?
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)