This SharePoint 2013 workflow tutorial explains, how to trigger the Sharepoint 2013 designer list Workflow on a list item using REST API and JQuery. In SharePoint 2013 designer workflow, we uncheck the workflow triggering mechanism on list item being created or updated. This was done in an effort to prevent recursive calls to the workflow initiation.
However, even though it takes quite a few workflow Start Options, it is still possible to start the workflow manually from within the calling workflow. The following Option: The Start Workflow Automatically When an item is Created/Changed that are performed in the Workflow Designer internally (automatically)
I have created a custom list named “TEST” on the host site and have added multiple items. Now, let’s say that we want to “Trigger the Sharepoint 2013 list workflow” on any particular item and send email to user as per need.
I wanted to get the item ID of the list item so that I could use it in my HTML. To fetch the Item ID of the list item and bind to the drop-down. Once we have selected any Item ID from the list of Item IDs from the drop-down, Click on to Trigger Workflow button.
Use the procedure given below.
I have created simple Sharepoint designer workflow for sending an email, below is the created mail template.
In the following code. We fetch the “subscriptionId” in the code as per Your Workflow
Navigate to your SharePoint 2013 site.
from this page, select Site Actions | Edit Page.
Edit the page, go to the Insert tab in the Ribbon and click Web Part option. In Web Parts picker area, go to the Media and Content category, select the Script Editor Web Part and press the Add button.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials on:
- Download infopath designer 2013 and install infopath 2013
- Disable multiline textbox and single line textbox in SharePoint using jQuery
- Create Update Delete a list using Client Object Model CSOM in SharePoint 2013
Final out Put:
Select Item Id and click Trigger workflow button
Trigger Workflow Email O/P:
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- Deploy sharepoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- SharePoint Online Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
- SharePoint 2013 designer workflow Add edit task form url inside email
- Create approval workflow sharepoint 2010 using SharePoint designer
Hope this article will be helpful to trigger workflow using Rest API in SharePoint 2013 for list item.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.