This SharePoint workflow explains, how to send an email using SharePoint designer workflow. For this Let’s create a list named “products”. The list looks like below:
|Product Name||Single line of text|
|Product Description||Multi lines of text|
Let’s go and create a workflow send an email to the manager.
Before let’s created a manager SharePoint user group under site collection. You can see the SharePoint group name as “Manager” like below:
Open SharePoint 2013 designer. Click Create a list workflow -> Pick the “Product” SharePoint list
Provide the name of workflow “Email Status”
On the “Action” comment pick “Send an email”.
Click These users link.
For picking up the “To user” Click on the user/group icon to pick the user from the sharepoint site collection.
Pick the manager group and then click Add.
In the subject, I get the “Created date” parameter of the product.
Let’s create the body message
Pass the parameters in the body section
– Product ID
– Product Name
– Product Description
Click on Add or Change look up button to map the parameters
How to send an email using designer workflow in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013?, Send Email using sharepoint designer workflow
Finally all the parameters passed it look like the below screen.
Click ok and navigate to workflow settings
There will be three option
– Manually you can start the workflow
– An item has been added
– An item as been updated
In our scenario I picked up “An item has been added”.
Click Save and publish
Let’s go inside the portal and create a product.
After successful status of product creation you can now see the status of “Email status” it shows “completed”.
Let’s check the product manager email. So you got the mail now.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- Delete list item after specific duration using SharePoint designer workflow
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- Nintex Workflow for office 365: Create a user in Office 365 and Add User to SharePoint Group
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- SharePoint online Send email in visual studio 2015 workflow using Email Workflow Activity
Hope this SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how to send an email using designer workflow in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.