Tags: sharepoint 2013 make site read only, sharepoint 2013 make site collection read only, how to make a sharepoint site read only, sharepoint 2016 make site read only
In this post, we will discuss how we can make SharePoint 2013 site collection read-only and restrict delete. You can apply locks to a site collection to prevent users from updating content or you can temporarily prevent users from accessing the site collection.
1. Open SharePoint central administrator and click on Application Management.
2. Then Click on “Configure quotas and locks”, new wizard will be open here
3. Select Lock option like below and click on OK.
4. Then Open SQL Management studio and connect DB Engine
5. Find out DB name of site, CA>Application management> View Site collection and select on site
6. Set SharePoint Content Database in Read-Only Mode, SQL Server Management Studio. Right-click on the database -> Options -> Make database read only -> True
7. Now site will show read only like below
Read some SharePoint tutorials:
- Get SharePoint 2013 or 2010 Site Collection Permission Report using PowerShell
- SharePoint Enterprise Feature Activation 2013
- How to get SharePoint Timer Job History using PowerShell?
- Comparing SharePoint 2016 Boundaries and limitations with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation step by step
- Increase SharePoint Online Storage Quota using PowerShell
Hope this will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: