In this post we will discuss how we can make SharePoint 2013 site collection read only and restrict delete. You can apply locks to a site collection to prevent users from updating content or you can temporarily prevent users from accessing the site collection.
Also reVisit Site
– SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 and SharePoint 2016 RC Single Server Farm Technical Preview Deployment Guide Part-4
– SharePoint 2013 List Column Validation Examples
– Open InfoPath form from a link in SharePoint 2013
1. Open SharePoint central administrator and click on Application Management.
2. Then Click on “Configure quotas and locks”, new wizard will be open here
sharepoint 2013 make site collection read only
3. Select Lock option like below and click on OK.
4. Then Open SQL Management studio and connect DB Engine
5. Find out DB name of site, CA>Application management> View Site collection and select on site
6. Set SharePoint Content Database in Read-Only Mode, SQL Server Management Studio. Right-click on the database -> Options -> Make database read only -> True
7. Now site will show read only like below
Hope this will be helpful.