Windows 7 is far better than previous windows versions (XP and Vista). The install process is plain simple and easy to follow. Big Bravo! For Microsoft for this. Now, just follow these steps and you will install windows 7 in no time
You can Install Windows 7 via DVD Disk you’ve purchased or with bootable USB.
1. Rename your Windows XP drive.
This step isn’t necessary, but it helps you identify the correct drive a few steps later. Open the Start menu, choose My Computer, and right-click your C drive. Choose Rename, type in XP, and press Enter.
2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD into your DVD drive and restart your PC.
Your PC restarts, but loads from the Windows 7 DVD. (You may have to press a key to tell your PC to load from the DVD drive rather than the hard drive.)
If your hard drive is less than half full, don’t restart your PC with the Windows 7 DVD in the drive. Instead, install Windows 7 while Windows XP is still running. Skip Steps 4 and 9. Then, in Step 10, just click the Next button. Windows 7 then stashes away your Windows XP files for possible retrieval in emergencies.
While the PC is rebooting, you will be prompted” Press any key to boot from CD…” Just press any key here
3. After you press a key, windows will load installation files.
4. Windows 7 setup will start
5. Select your language, time and currency format and keyboard input (US)
6. Click Install Now to proceed
Setup will load for a min or two
7. Install Windows 7 – Setup is starting
8. If you do, select I accept the license terms and click Next
9. If you are upgrading from Windows Vista select Upgrade, if you had Windows XP you have to select Custom (Advanced). Upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 is not available. Click Custom (Advanced)
10. Select the Partition where you want to install Windows 7 and click Next. You will need at least 5716mb free space.
11. If you don’t have enough free space to Install Windows 7, you will receive the following warning
12. If that’s the case, you will need to format the partition where you previously had Operating System installed. WARNING: Formatting a partition will erase all existing data on the partition, proceed only if you have backed up all your files!
If you want to format the partition, go to Drive options
13. And format the partition where you want to install windows 7. Again, do this only if you have backed up your documents/files!
click format and then yes
14. After you press Next, Windows 7 Installation will begin. Approximately takes about 30 min to 1 hour to finish, depending on your computer speed.
15. After half an hour, setup is complete and windows 7 installation is almost finished. Few more minutes
16. Now your computer will reboot, since the Windows 7 DVD boot disk is still in the drive, the message press any key to boot from DVD will appear. We already did that, so this time DO NOT press anything. Just wait 5 sec and your PC will continue booting and finish installing your operating system.
17. Windows will continue booting and installing, almost there!
18. Insert your name (this will be your windows username)
19. If you want to, insert password for your computer. (Hey….you won’t forget it, right? 🙂 )
20. Insert your Windows 7 product key and press Next
21. Do you want Microsoft Updates for your new operating system? It is highly recommend you know…! Select use recommended settings
22. It’s time for Time zone, select yours from the drop down menu
23. Depending on your location, select the appropriate network location.
24. If you have more than 1 computer, type home group password for sharing files. Make sure to remember it
25. Windows is finalizing your settings
26. Can you see the finish line? Yup, we’re there
27. See the start screen of your system.
Hope this will be helpful.