In this post we will discuss how we can extra dll from GAC (Global Assembly Cache) or we can copy dlls from GAC. The dlls are presented inside GAC which is at c:\windows\assembly path. If you will go to this location, you will not be able to copy any dll from there. Microsoft does not provide an option to copy from there.
Also you can read:
– Generate URL using Calculated column in SharePoint 2013 List
– Delegate Controls in SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio 2013
– Create Visual WebPart using Visual Studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
Follow below steps to copy a dll from GAC:
– Open Run prompt (Type Window +R). Then in the run prompt put “%windir%\assembly\GAC_MSIL” in it and hit enter key.
– There you will be able to see lots of folder each one with a name ~same as the dll name. Search for your dll name, click on the folder then inside there will be another sub folder, click on the sub-folder and there you will be able to see your dll.
– From here you will be able to copy the dll.
Install Uninstall DLL into Global Assembly Cache:
We can install and uninstall assembly to GAC using Gacutil tool which will be presented on the below directory.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools
From the command prompt you can go to the path or you can also se the path like below:
Open PowerShell management shell type Set-Alias.
Then for Name put “Gacutil” And for Value put “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools\gacutil.exe”
Then to Install a dll put the below command:
gacutil /i MyCustomDll.v.1.dll /f
And to uninstall dll from GAC put below command:
gacutil /u MyCustomDll.v.1.dll /f
Hope this will be helpful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.