How to enable usage reports in SharePoint 2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
The objective of this article is to walk you through, how to enable usage log reports in SharePoint 2013. In the same way, also we can enable sharepoint 2016 usage reports.
This is very important while providing audit reports and security team. SharePoint admin should be able to provide all the user’s information who are accessing the sites and when did they access all the information at any point in time. Without enabling the usage report log option we couldn’t be able to generate any data.
Enable usage reports SharePoint 2013/2016
Please follow the below steps to enable/configure the usage report log in SharePoint 2013.
Log on to any SharePoint web front end server as FARM administrator.
Open SharePoint central admin with run as administrator.
Click on Monitoring.
Click on Configure usage and health data collection.
Monitoring -> Reporting -> Configure usage and health data collection.
Select the checkbox “Enable usage data collection” under Usage Data Collection.
Select all the required checkboxes as part of Events to log as per the business need.
In this page, we also mention the path for log file default path is:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS\
Enable “Health Data Collection” if you weren’t to see any health reports.
This health and usage log reports will be logged by default to a DB in the same DB server.
With the below query we can get some usage report
select top 1000 ServerUrl, UserLogin, LogTime, RowCreatedTime from [WSS_Logging].[dbo].[RequestUsage] where 1=1 and LogTime >= '2016-09-09' order by LogTime desc
You may like following SSRS tutorials:
- The SSRS service application proxy is not configured
- How to Configure Central Administration to Use SSRS in sharepoint 2010?
- SSRS Data Source disabled in SharePoint 2013
- The report server is unable to access encrypted data. Apply a back-up key or delete all encrypted content
- Reporting Server Integration feature missing in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 Report Data Source content type is missing
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
- Report Data Source content type is missing in SharePoint 2013/2016
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to enable usage log report in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.