This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to enable ECB menu on custom column in SharePoint 2013. By default the ECB menu comes for the Title column where user can click on the ECB menu to do some operations like Edit Item, View Item, Workflows, Delete Item etc. See the fig below:
But here one of our requirement is to add the ECB menu into a custom column. I have a custom list wherein the Title column the ECB menu is there by default but I wanted to put the ECB menu in a custom column name as the First Name.
Enable ECB menu on custom column in SharePoint 2013
We can do this by using SharePoint designer. Open your site in SharePoint 2013 designer and then click on the particular list for which you want to do. This will open the settings page for the list. From the Views, section click on the particular view (All Items).
This will open the code view and there search for the <View> tag and within that <ViewFields> and then find the particular column for which you want to add the ECB menu and then add ListItemMenu="TRUE" like below: <FieldRef Name="First_x0020_Name" ListItemMenu="TRUE"/>
It will shown like below:
After that Save and refresh the list and you will be able to see the ECB menu as shown in the fig below:
You may like follow SharePoint tutorials:
- Custom Actions Add custom buttons to SharePoint list ribbon using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Create a custom search result page and add custom search result page to SharePoint Online Search Center
- Add Custom Actions to List Item Menu in SharePoint 2010 Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Add custom Submit or Save button in InfoPath 2010 form in SharePoint 2010
- Add a custom web part to the page layout in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010
- Add custom send to destination in ECB menu in SharePoint 2010
- Custom Azure Add-in People picker control
- Adding Custom Ribbon Tab in the SharePoint 2013 Server Ribbon
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to enable ECB menu on a custom column in SharePoint 2013?
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.