In this post we will discuss how we can disable loop back check in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010. When you access SharePoint web apps from the SP sever, it keeps on prompting for authentication. I wish the installation of SharePoint could have taken care off.
– How to check server health status check in SharePoint using PowerShell?
– How to delete list items in SharePoint Online using Client Side Object Model with PowerShell?
– SharePoint 2016 workflow manager error Service FabricHostSvc was not found on Computer
Anyways, you can run this to apply the change on the SharePoint servers.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
3. Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
You may have to restart the servers and will have run this from all of your SharePoint servers.