Debug SharePoint Hosted or Provider hosted Add-in in a different browser in visual studio
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to debug a SharePoint hosted add-in or provider-hosted add-in in a different browser in visual studio 2015. Whenever you develop any solution and try to debug the solution, it will open in the default browser (mostly set IE). But you might need to debug in a different browser.
Recently we were developing a provider-hosted add-in and we wanted to debug it into a different browser. By default, it was opening in Internet Explorer.
In a provider-hosted add-in, there will be two projects one is your add-in project and another one is the Asp.Net project (maybe an asp.net MVC project or ”web form project depending on your selection while creating the provider-hosted add-in).
Here select the add-project and go to properties (F4), you can see “Start Action” property. In this property, you can see the browser available. Select the browser and then when you click on F5 or Debug start button, it will take the selected browser. See fig below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to manually Trust SharePoint Add-in developed by visual studio SharePoint online?
- SharePoint Hosted Apps: Create Choice Type Column in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Set up an On-Premise development environment for SharePoint Add-in or Apps development in SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email to SharePoint group using visual studio workflow
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email using visual studio workflow
- Get all subsites from a site collection in SharePoint Online using CSOM
- Develop SharePoint workflows using visual studio as SharePoint hosted App
- Failed to get web title Error Access denied You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource
- Error occurred in deployment step Install app for SharePoint Communication with the SharePoint server is canceled
Hope this SharePoint tutorial, we got to know how to debug SharePoint hosted add-in or Provider hosted Add-in in a different browser in visual studio 2015/2017.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)