Tags: create sql database in azure, create sql database in azure portal, azure sql database tutorial, microsoft azure sql database step by step pdf, microsoft azure sql database step by step, microsoft azure sql database vs sql server, how to create sql database in microsoft azure, connect to azure sql database, azure sql database tutorial, what is azure sql database, microsoft azure sql database step by step, azure sql database documentation, create azure sql database
In this post, we will discuss what is Azure SQL database? how to create SQL database in Microsoft Windows Azure portal.
What is Azure SQL Database?
Microsoft Azure SQL Database (formerly SQL Azure, SQL Server Data Services, SQL Services, and Windows Azure SQL Database) is a cloud-based service from Microsoft offering data-storage capabilities. The aim is for users to just communicate with a T-SQL endpoint rather than managing database storage, files, and high availability. In this regard, it is a similar offering to Amazon Relational Database Service. Early versions operated as key-value pair tables accessed via a REST-based API, and offering only a subset of the data types offered by the Microsoft SQL Server on-premises product. Using these versions was not similar to using the SQL Server database engine and led to relatively low adoption rates.
Read some Microsoft Azure tutorials:
- How to create a Linux virtual machine in Windows Azure Portal?
- How to create a website in Microsoft Azure from Azure Portal?
- Distribute user requests Azure Web site instances in Microsoft Azure
- Steps to create a provider-hosted add-in in SharePoint Online and host in Microsoft Azure using Microsoft Azure Web Apps method
Create a SQL database using the Azure New Portal:
It’s about a Single database, We will see about how to create DB in the Azure portal.
– Create a SQL Database logical server to host SQL databases
– Create a SQL database with no data, with sample data or with data from a SQL database backup.
– Create a server-level firewall rule for a single IP address or for a range of IP addresses.
We are creating with our Azure subscription, if you don’t have an Azure subscription, you can create a free account in just a couple of minutes.
– Login to the Azure portal site using your subscription id and password
– Once login you will be on Portal page of Azure.
Use the following steps in the Azure portal to create an Azure SQL Database server.
– If not currently connected, connect to the Azure portal.
– Click New , Select Data+Storage Option on the Azure portal page
– Select SQL database after clicking on Data+Storage Option
Once you will click on SQL database, Information wizard will come to provide the values for the following server properties:
– Database name
– Subscription (only if you have multiple subscriptions)
– Resource group (if just getting started, use the resource group of the logical server)
– Select source (you can choose a blank database, sample data or a database backup)
– Server (a new or existing logical server)
– Server admin password
– Pricing tier (if just getting started, use the default value S0)
– Collation (only if blank database was chosen)
– Click Create after entering all required field, it will start deployment that we can on the portal page
– Click Create and in the notification area, you can see that deployment has started.
Wait for deployment to finish before continuing to the next step.
We can monitor using portal as well, just go back to Portal page and see this in blade
Wait for some time till success message is will show on the notification page, once done click on the created SQL database
Hope this will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: