This SharePoint designer 2010 workflow tutorial explains, how to create HTML email messages in the SharePoint designer 2010 workflow.
There is no direct way to add images and tables directly from the editor in SharePoint designer 2010 workflow. I thought rich HTML is not supported with this version but I found a quick way to add rich HTML in email body message.
Create HTML email message in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow
Here are the steps to add Images on (SharePoint designer) SPD Email body in 2010.
First, create your HTML in Dreamweaver or visual studio 2010 or any other HTML editing tool
Then open your workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010
Add “Send email” workflow action from the ribbon
Keep “Send Email” action selected/highlighted
Then navigate to ribbon and select advanced properties
Click advanced properties Select last option Body
Click on the button (…) to open the text pad
Paste your HTML including head, body, and HTML.
Click OK and open the action from workflow step
If edit subject or To/CC/BCC then don’t edit workflow go “advanced properties“.
Choose for example. 3rd option subject line can edit if we use edit workflow then automatically disturb HTML and <imp> tag convert into text.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- Create a Leave request approval workflow in SharePoint using Out of box workflow
- How to add edit task form URL inside SharePoint 2013 designer workflow email?
- Impersonation step missing in SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- How to Trigger SharePoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item using REST API
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email using visual studio workflow
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013/2010 Cache?
- Install and configure workflow manager SharePoint 2016 step by step
- App Step in SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow
- Dictionary actions example in SharePoint Designer 2013
- Quick Step in SharePoint 2013
I hope this SharePoint designer 2010 workflow tutorial explains how to create an HTML email message in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow?
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.