This SharePoint designer 2010 workflow tutorial explains. how to create HTML email messages in SharePoint designer 2010 workflow. SharePoint designer 2010 workflow HTML email then I become frustrated because I cannot able to add images and tables directly from the editor. I thought rich HTML is not supported with this version but I found a quick way to add rich HTML in email body message.
Here are the steps to add Images on (SharePoint designer) SPD Email body in 2010.
First, create your HTML in Dreamweaver or visual studio 2010 or any other HTML editing tool
Then open your workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010
Add “Send email” workflow action from the ribbon
Keep “Send Email” action selected/highlighted
Then navigate to ribbon and select advanced properties
– Click advanced properties Select last option Body
– Click on the button (…) to open the text pad
– Paste your HTML including head, body, and HTML.
– Click OK and open the action from workflow step
If edit subject or To/CC/BCC then don’t edit workflow go “advanced properties“.
Choose for ex. 3rd option subject line can edit if we use edit workflow then automatically disturb HTML and <imp> tag convert into text.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- Create approval workflow SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint designer
- Create Workflow Activity using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Create a Sequential workflow using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Project Site Creation Using Nintex Workflows 2013 based on an Enterprise Project Type
- SharePoint Online Video: Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- How to hide approve reject workflow approval button from ribbon in SharePoint online using CSS?
Hope this SharePoint designer 2010 workflow tutorial explains how to create an HTML email message in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow?
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)