In this post, we will discuss how to create Linux (Ubuntu) Virtual machine using Azure. We are creating with our Azure subscription, if you don’t have an Azure subscription, you can create a free account in just a couple of minutes.
– Login to the Azure portal site using your subscription id and password
– Once login you will be on Portal page of Azure.
– Click on new -> Virtual machines -> Select server
– Choose the VM image from the marketplace
Currently, we are creating a Virtual server (Ubunto)
– On the Hub menu, click New -> Virtual Machines -> Ubunto 14.04.
– On the Ubunto 14.0 page, under Select a deployment model, verify that Resource Manager is selected. Click Create.
Create the Linux virtual machine:
After you select the image, you can use Azure’s default settings for most of the configuration and quickly create the virtual machine.
– On the Basics blade, enter a Name for the virtual machine. The name must be 1-15 characters long and it cannot contain special characters.
– Enter a Username, and a strong Password that will be used to create a local account on the VM. The local account is used to log on to and manage the VM.
The password must be between 12-123 characters long and have at least one lower case character, one upper case character, one number, and one special character.
– Select an existing Resource group or type the name for a new one. Type an Azure datacenter Location such as West US.
– On the Basics page, enter:
A name for the VM
A username for the Admin User
The Authentication Type set to SSH public key
Your SSH public Key as a string (by default, from your ~/.ssh/ directory)
A resource group name (to create a new deployment group) or select an existing group
And Click OK to continue and choose the VM size; it should look something like the following:
– When you are done, click OK to continue to the next section.
– Choose a VM size and then click Select to continue. You can view all from right side of choose size screen.
– On the Settings blade, you can change the storage and networking options.
– Click Summary to review your choices. When you’re done, click OK.
– While Azure creates the virtual machine, you can track the progress under Virtual Machines in the hub menu.
– Everything is fine give an ok then monitor the same from Portal Page and from Notification button on top as below
– It will take some time to create this VM
– Once installation done it will completion message
– Connect to the virtual machine and log on
– On the Hub menu, click Virtual Machines.
– Now here everything will be showing on portal page,
– To connect this machine to local system, Click on Ip address and copy the IP address
Note: Download Putty software to connect the server
Enter the IP address on the Host Name and click on Open, Once it will Open it will ask for User Id and password
Read some Windows tutorials:
- Windows Server 2016 Installation Step by Step with Screenshots
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- How to enable wireless in windows server 2016 or windows server 2012 r2?
- How to add a user in active directory in windows server 2016?
- What are the new features in Windows Server 2016?
Hope this will be helpful.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: