How to configure SharePoint Server 2010 Search to crawl files in share folder?
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to configure SharePoint Server 2010 Search to crawl files in a shared folder?
Following steps to setup SharePoint 2010 search to access network file share:
Go to Central Administration -> Search Service Application -> Manage Content Sources. Click on New Content Source -> enter the all information and Setting’s. See in Fig
Now create Crawl rules and enter the whole details. See in Fig.
Now you select your content source and start the full crawl.
Now you able to search your network file share in your SharePoint search center.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to add links to top link bar in SharePoint
- Navigation link missing in SharePoint 2013 under Look and Feel
- Wiki Link in SharePoint 2013
- The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program error in SharePoint PowerShell
- Cannot set Column ‘ID’ to be null. Please use DBNull instead in SharePoint Online
- Visual Studio 2015 Show All Files button missing in solution explorer
- Everything is fine but we had a small problem getting your license while adding Nintex workflow for Office 365
- Unable to send Email Alias in a SharePoint Online Workflow Send Email Action
- SharePoint 2016 16 Hive or root Folder
- Document Sets in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Change favicon in SharePoint 2013 online and SharePoint on premise Site
- Remove SharePoint 2013 Newsfeed OneDrive Sites from Navbar Hide SharePoint SuiteBar
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.