Here we will discuss how we can find which site template used for a site in SharePoint online Office 365 site? In the Office 365 SharePoint Online classic admin center, we will not be able to know which template a site is using. Even if you are checking the site properties, it will display information like Title, website address, primary administrator, administrators, number of subsites. storage usage and quota etc like below:
We can retrieve the site template from the modern new SharePoint Online admin center.
Find site collection template in SharePoint Online
We can get the site template used by a SharePoint site collection or subsite from the browser itself.
Open the SharePoint Online site and then right-click anywhere in the page and then “view page source“.
Then in the view source page, search for “g_wsaSiteTemplateId“, you will be able to see like below:
var g_wsaSiteTemplateId = ‘STS#0‘; (Team site)
It looks like below:
Similarly, for publishing sites, it will appear like below:
You may like following SharePoint Online site template tutorials:
- Retrieve all site templates using PowerShell and retrieve site templates using SharePoint 2016 server object model
- Unable to see all site templates category in Template Selection while creating a subsite in SharePoint 2013
- Blank Site Template missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Site Template ID List for PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview
- Activate Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013
- Differences between site definition and site template in SharePoint 2010
Hope this will be helpful to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: