Here we will discuss how to find which site template used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365 site? In the Office 365 SharePoint Online classic admin center, we will not be able to know which template a site is using. Even if you are checking the site properties, it will display information like Title, website address, primary administrator, administrators, number of subsites. storage usage and quota etc like below:
We can retrieve the site template from the modern new SharePoint Online admin center.
Find site collection template in SharePoint Online
We can get the site template used by a SharePoint site collection or subsite from the browser itself.
Open the SharePoint Online site and then right-click anywhere in the page and then “view page source“.
Then in the view source page, search for “g_wsaSiteTemplateId“, you will be able to see like below:
var g_wsaSiteTemplateId = ‘STS#0‘; (Team site)
It looks like below:
Similarly, for publishing sites, it will appear like below:
You may like following SharePoint Online site template tutorials:
- Save site as template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- SharePoint list templates
- The list is too large to save as a template. The size of a template cannot exceed 10485760 bytes in SharePoint
- Create Page templates in SharePoint Online Modern Experience
- The Save site as template action is not supported on this site error in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Get All approval task through template ID using SharePoint Server object model
- SharePoint Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully
I hope this will be helpful to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com