Here we will discuss how to change the favicon in SharePoint 2013 site. Favicon is an icon file, which appears in the browser. The name is preferred as favicon.ico.
By default SharePoint 2013 site favicon appears like below:
The default location for this file in SharePoint 2013 is C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\IMAGES.
You can directly replace the default file with your own new file or you can also put this through SharePoint designer.
Open SharePoint designer 2013 -> All Files -> images folder and then you can import the files to the images folder.
Now you can open the SharePoint 2013 master page, Check out the master page. Right click on the master page and then click “Edit file in advanced mode“.
Then search for <SharePoint:SPShortcutIcon runat=”server” IconUrl=”/_layouts/15/images/favicon.ico?rev=23″ /> and replace with the below
<SharePoint:SPShortcutIcon runat=”server” IconUrl=”/_layouts/15/images/newfavicon.ico” />
Now save and publish the master page.
Now the new favicon will appear in the browser. If it did not appear (due to cache), clear the browser cache and reload the page again.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 customization tutorials:
- SharePoint Online Step by Step Tutorial on how to create a new custom master page by using an existing master page
- Hide master page elements in dialogs in SharePoint 2013
- How to change Site Collection Administrator in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019/2016/2013
- Delete site collection in SharePoint Online Office 365 and SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- How to configure incoming and outgoing emails in SharePoint server 2013?
Hopefully, this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps to change favicon of a SharePoint 2013/2016 site.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.