This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to add links in the top link bar in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
There are two ways to do that, one is to directly we can add links on the home page as well as you can add a link to the top link bar from the Site Setting page in SharePoint.
Open your SharePoint 2013 site, then in the top link bar click on EDIT LINKS as shown in the fig below:
You can drag and drop any link to the top link bar where it has written “Drag and drop link here”. Suppose I want to give a link item ico then I can drag and drop like below:
Then click on Save, it will save the link.
Else you can click on a +link icon as shown in the fig below:
This will open the Add a link dialog box and there put the details link below:
Once you Save, it will appear like below:
Open your SharePoint Site, then from the Settings icon click on Site Settings. Then in the Site Settings page, click on Navigation under the Look and Feel section.
Then in the Navigation settings page go to the Structural Navigation: Editing and Sorting section and then select the Global Navigation and then click on Add Link as shown in the fig below:
Then in the Navigation Link dialog box, click on Title and URL as shown in the fig below:
Then click on OK and then Ok to close the Navigation Settings page. Then the link will appear like below:
You may like the following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Left navigation branding using CSS in SharePoint
- SharePoint Online left navigation and top Navigation branding using CSS
- Quick Launch Navigation Menu Customization in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Add Global Navigation Links and Headings in SharePoint Online Office 365 Site
- SharePoint 2013 Left Navigation or Quick Launch Menu Customization
- SharePoint Find an Item List search box does not return results
- How to Change Layout of a Page in SharePoint 2013
- Show total count of items in SharePoint 2013 list
Here, we learned how to add links to the top link bar in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 or SharePoint Online.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com