We have a SharePoint list where we have customized the input form using InfoPath. And in that customized InfoPath form we have a custom Save button and we are saving the item from the default data connection. This button also has some validation rules.
So we do not want any user to insert an item by clicking on the Ribbon Save button. They should only be able to save through our Submit button which was presented inside the InfoPath form.
You can disable the Save button from the InfoPath form submit properties. But we do not want to show the Save button at all. Be default the submit button appears like below:
Once you will Save the Save button will be hidden as shown in the fig below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online
- Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint
- Create Custom Tiles using HTML CSS and KnockoutJS in SharePoint 2013
- How to hide approve reject workflow approval button from ribbon in SharePoint online using css?
- Hide Browse and Page tab from page using CSS in SharePoint
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to hide Save button in New and Edit form in SharePoint list.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com