This SharePoint customization tutorial, we will discuss how to hide new item or edit this list in sharepoint 2013. We will see how to hide a +new item or edit this list link from SharePoint 2013 list.
By default in the list or document library the +new item or edit this list link will appear like below:
Hide new item or edit this list in SharePoint 2013
Follow the below steps to hide new item or edit this list in sharepoint.
Open your SharePoint list or document library and then edit the page. And then edit the list web part properties like below:
Then in the properties box, select the Toolbar Type as No Toolbar as shown in the fig below:
Then click on OK and Stop editing the page, the links will disappear like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Hide All Items link from listview in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Remove search box from SharePoint list or library
- InfoPath more than two radio buttons in SharePoint 2013
- Sites or Site Collection Points to consider in SharePoint
- Send Alerts To not working for domain security groups in SharePoint 2013
- There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services error while opening excel file in browser
- Custom Site Collection Help feature in SharePoint 2013
- Different ways to delete all items from SharePoint list
- How to create a daily list view in SharePoint 2013?
- Different ways to add video into blog post in SharePoint 2013
- How to force a list or document library to crawl in SharePoint 2013 search?
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Find an Item List search box does not return results
This SharePoint tutorial we learned how to hide new item or edit this list in SharePoint 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.