There are two ways to remove link from Quick Launch in SharePoint 2013.
- To customize the navigation, just click EDIT LINKS.
Click EDIT LINKS to customize the top navigation.
Click EDIT LINKS to customize the navigation in the Quick Launch.
NOTE: If you don’t see the option to edit links, you probably don’t have permission to customize the navigation. To customize the navigation, you need to be a site owner or have permission to customize the site.
- Click Settings > Site settings. On the Site Settings page, click Navigation and to delete a heading, select the heading you want, and then click Delete.
Note: These additional navigation settings are available only if the publishing features are enabled for your site collection.
In a company some of the employees work on a contract basis, they don’t have any employee ID assigned to them and not able to access the whole information available on the portal.
So here, we are going to show the information (e.g. navigation links) on the basis of permission granted to the user.
Following is the implemented solution:
Uploaded style Library script:
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Add Recycle Bin link in quick launch in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add Quick Launch or left navigation link in Site Using REST API
- SharePoint 2013 Left Navigation or Quick Launch Menu Customization
- Remove Notebook link from quick launch in SharePoint
- Hide Recent Items from Quick Launch in SharePoint
- Hide quick launch in SharePoint Online/2010/2013/2016
- Customize Change quick launch style and design SharePoint
- SharePoint modern list column formatting examples
- How to enable tree view in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Here, we learned how to hide left navigation links in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online based on user permission in jQuery.
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.