In this SharePoint 2010 tutorial explains how to Hide column on Newform.aspx in SharePoint 2010 using jQuery.
The client reported that on newform.aspx page, there is one column which appears for a while and then disappears.
- Checked if the column is custom created.
- Checked if the column has its value hidden in the content type column setting.
- Marked the column value to be required.
- Saving the list as a template without content and worked fine on the other site, gives issue on the same site.
- Tried deleting the problem column form the problem list, it still disappears from the newform.aspx page.
- Checked the list in SharePoint Designer to check if the newform.aspx page is customized. No customizations were implemented.
Hide column on Newform.aspx in SharePoint 2010
Out these two codes one was like given below:
Where nth-Child is used as an argument to pass to the table and function to perform is hiding.
The 8th number is the column number in the newform.aspx page. Editing the page and changing the number equivalent to the number of the column would hide that column from the page.
Either changing the number to something to not equal to the column number or removing the code had resolved the issue.
Read some SharePoint tutorials below:
- Change default list view style using CSS in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- CSS best practices for SharePoint 2010
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Hide SharePoint list columns based on user permissions
- How to show/hide columns based on the value of SharePoint radio button
- How to remove/hide default title column from SharePoint Online list (modern/Classic)
- SharePoint 2007
- SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint Designer
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.