In this article, we will discuss how to get XML data from CoreResultsWebPart SharePoint. We often want to debug the XSLT code that we have written for our CoreResultsWebPart, this post will help you to extract the data from the CoreResultsWebPart and later which we can apply to debug our custom XSLT written for the CoreResultsWebPart.
1. You need to have the Administrator privileges.
2. Basic understanding of creating web applications and running the FAST search.
The first thing you need to do is get the Basic Fast Search Center site up and running. Below i have mentioned the brief steps.
1. Create Web application with classic mode authentication.
2. Create a root site collection with “Fast Search Center” template.
3. Open the root site collection and try to search, as long as it displays the result you are fine 🙂
First Step: Edit the page and replace the default XSL with our custom XSL
As you Site is up and running, search for any term and go to the results page. Edit the page from Site Actions -> Edit Page
Search for the Search Core Results web part on the page and edit the web part. In the search core results editor pane, go to the Core Results->Display properties.
Uncheck the “Use Location Visualization” option, by default it would be checked.
Note: It means that site has to use the columns and XSL defined at the federated location level. Which is shared by all the search sites in the farm? When we uncheck this option we can define our own XSL format. More information on this topic can be found here.
On unchecking this option the area under Fetched Properties and XSL editor will be enabled.
Fetched Properties are the columns that you want to be retrieved from the FAST search database. The columns mentioned within these properties will only be fetched.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Load the Data in JQuery DataTable from SharePoint 2013 List using REST API
- SharePoint 2013 Crawls Full crawl Incremental crawl and Continuous crawl
- Query Rules in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- Creating and Configuring Machine Translation Service in SharePoint 2013
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: