This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, how to get the list template id and list template type of a particular list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. This will work for classic SharePoint sites, not in SharePoint modern sites.
If you want to see the SharePoint list template used for a list then there is a very easy way to know that from the browser itself.
Ok to know this, Open the SharePoint list All Items view and then Right-click on the browser and click on View Source in IE (or View page source in Google Chrome).
Then search for “tx.listTemplate”, you will able to see something like:
ctx.listTemplate = 100; based on the template used.
The value is different for differ different types like for GenericList (CustomList) is 100, for a document library, it is 101, for Survey it is 102, etc.
There also you will be able to see list base type like below:
You can see the whole list of SharePoint list base types and list template types in this Microsoft URL.
Apart from that, you will also be able to see the SharePoint Site title, View name, view title, list name, list title, display form URL, new form URL, edit form URL etc.
So this will help you know lots of valuable information from the browser view source itself.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Get All approval task through template ID using the SharePoint Server object model
- SharePoint 2013 Site Template ID List for PowerShell
- Easy way to identify site template used in SharePoint site
- Create Promoted Links programmatically TemplateFeatureID Office 365 SharePoint 2013
- Hide Revert to template message in SharePoint 2013
- Create a Unique Project ID and automated folder structure under document library using Event Receiver in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- Save site as template option missing in SharePoint online
- Get features (with hidden) using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Get SharePoint Online Site and List Templates using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013 shortcut URL and hidden list
- How to retrieve workflow id by using jsom in SharePoint online?
This SharePoint tutorial we learned, how to get SharePoint list template id, base type, list GUID, list view title, etc. easily using view source in the browser.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)