If you are planning to install SharePoint 2013 on premise in any of the server, then go through the minimum hardware and software installation requirements for SharePoint 2013. There are few Prerequisites needs to be installed before installing SharePoint 2013. One of the prerequisites is “Windows Server AppFabric”.
This Occurs when I have installed all the PREREQUISITE as installation SharePoint 2013 standalone but during installation of AppFabric for windows server, it is showing an error as “The tool was unable to install Windows Server AppFabric”. I tried using Microsoft web platform Installer and it gets installed successfully installed but when I again run the prerequisites for SharePoint 2013, same error is thrown and prerequisites installation stopped.
The resolution is to run command with command line parameters to directly specify the file name for Windows Server AppFabric prerequisite.
Follow the mentioned steps below:
1. Copy WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe to drive C:/
2. Run following from command prompt (Window+R -> type cmd in Run prompt)
3..\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i CacheClient,CachingService,CacheAdmin /gac
– If you got any error during running the previous command try to run it again without using its Parameters.
.\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i /gac
– Wait until AppFabric installation finish.
4. Click on ‘AppFabric1.1-RTM-KB2671763-x64-ENU.exe’ to install the AppFabric patch
5. Reboot server Reboot the server > Run SharePoint Installation again where the message error should not be listed again.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials on:
- SharePoint 2016 installation PDF FREE Download
- Steps to delete attachments of SharePoint list item using REST API in SharePoint 2013
- Upload attachment to new item on list using REST API JQuery in SharePoint 2013
Hope this article will be helpful.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: