This SharePoint BCS tutorial explains, how to fix an error “Login Failed For User NT AUTHORITY\IUSRS in Business Connectivity Services” in SharePoint 2013.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
1. I got the error message after I have assigned permissions on the external content type in my previous post. The error message is “Login failed for user ‘NT AUTHORITY\IUSER‘”. See in fig
cannot connect to the lobsystem (external system)
2. This error occurs because the database does recognize the credentials passed from SharePoint. The database that you are connecting to in your external content type. If you are not using a managed service account for your services then you are most likely to get this error.
3. To resolve this error I added IUSER to the database.
4. Go to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your database server.
5. Expand the Security node and right-click the Logins node and select New Login. See In fig
6. In the Login Name, enter IUSR and click “Search…”. This will open a new search box. Enter “IUSR” in the object name and click “Check Names”. Click “OK”.
7. You will notice that the Login Name has been populated with “SERVERNAME\IUSR” where “SERVERNAME” is your server name.
8. Now if you refresh the page you get one more error “The query against the database caused an error”. See in fig
9. For resolving this issue, you still have to map the user to the database.
10. To map the user to the database, right-click “NT AUTHORITY\IUSR” in Logins and select “Properties”. See in fig
11. There are two ways to do this mapping.
– One way is to add the user to one of the server roles. See in fig
– The second way, first select the database then go to “LoginProperties”, click “User Mapping”. See in fig
12. Now refresh the list page, you got the result. See in fig
You may like following SharePoint BCS tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Export and Import BDC Model to Create External List
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List Part Two
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List
- There are no addresses available for this application error Message while configuring BCS SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 BCS error The metadata object that has Name yourname has a Property with name AuthenticationMode and value RevertToSelf.
- Create External Content Type Based on a Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- Custom Action on Business Data List Web Part In SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 BCS using a comparison filter on a System.Nullable field
- SharePoint BCS: There are no addresses available for this application
- Business Connectivity Services BCS in SharePoint 2010
- Creating Business Data Connectivity Service using SharePoint Designer 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Business Data Connectivity connectors are currently enabled in a partitioned environment: SharePoint 2013/2010
Hope this will be helpful to solve Login Failed For User NT AUTHORITY\IUSRS in Business Connectivity Services (BCS) for SharePoint 2013.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)