In this post we will discuss how to fix an error “Login Failed For User NT AUTHORITY\IUSRS in Business Connectivity Services” in SharePoint 2013.
Read some SharePoint online tutorials:
– Download a FREE PDF on SharePoint online tutorial
– How to move from classic to modern experience in SharePoint online list or document library?
– Working with link or link to a document content type in SharePoint online document library
1. I got the error message after I have assigned permissions on the external content type in my previous post. The error message is “Login failed for user ‘NT AUTHORITY\IUSER'”. See in fig
cannot connect to the lobsystem (external system)2. This error occurs because the database does recognize the credentials passed from SharePoint. The database that you are connecting to in your external content type. If you are not using a managed service account for your services then you are most likely to get this error.
3. For resolve this error I added IUSER to the database.
4. Go to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your database server.
5. Expand the Security node and right-click the Logins node and select New Login. See In fig
6. In the Login Name, enter IUSR and click “Search…”. This will open a new search box. Enter “IUSR” in the object name and click “Check Names”. Click “OK”.
7. You will notice that the Login Name has been populated with “SERVERNAME\IUSR” where “SERVERNAME” is your server name.
8. Now if you refresh the page you get one more error “The query against the database caused an error”. See in fig
9. For resolving this issue, you still have to map the user to the database.
10. To map the user to the database, right-click “NT AUTHORITY\IUSR” in Logins and select “Properties”. See in fig
11. There are two ways to do this mapping.
– One way is to add the user to one of the server roles. See in fig
– Second way, first select the database then go to “LoginProperties”, click “User Mapping”. See in fig
12. Now refresh the list page, you got the result. See in fig
Hope this will be helpful.